Monday, February 14, 2011

Oreo Luvin'

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!! In spirit of the day I decided that I needed to make yet ANOTHER dessert. I have already made cake pops and sugar cookies but those were all done before today.

It's much better making them the day of.

So I made cupcakes, which I am love making, with Oreos (Matt's favorite.) I choose a recipe with cake mix because I didn't know when Matt was getting home and needed to whip them up quickly.

Here is the recipe for Cookies N' Cream Cupcakes:

Mix together:
1 box White Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Crush 18 Oreos and then dump in 1 1/2 cups into the batter.
MMmmmmm.




There it is :)



Take the rest of the Oreos and split them in half and put a half icing side up on the bottom of each liner.

It is SOOOOO much easier to get the batter into the liners with a cookie scoop. Ten times better then a measuring cup which gets messy.
Yesssss for learning something!
Bake in the oven at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Now for the Cookies and Cream Frosting:

Sift together 1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
A pinch of salt
Add in a stick of unsalted butter and cream together
Then add:
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
remaining crushed Oreos

This is the easiest way to fill a piping bag. Place in a glass jar and then fold over the sides.
Very little mess.

There she is.
Frosted cupcake without the Oreo topping.
I didn't use a tip on the bag. I just cut off the end of the bad therefore the Oreos wouldn't get jammed in the tip.

2 Yummy Oreos

I am SOOO ready for dessert. Are you?


Ta-Da!!

You can thank me now for this one.










1 comment: