Friday, April 1, 2011

Light It Up Blue

Did you know: Autism Affects 1 in 110 Children 1 in 70 BOYS ! April is Autism Awareness month. One of the ways that we show our support is to wear blue or to change out light bulbs out to blue April 1-2. This amazing support was started by Autism Speaks and Light It Up Blue! Go to the website and check out all of the pictures of how people are showing their support for autism and those they love with autism. If you get a chance, do something to show your support. I get the opportunity every day to work with some very special children with autism. They teach me something everyday and I could not imagine my life doing anything different then what I do now. On Friday at Elm Tree Elementary all of the teachers in the autism classes brought blue treats for the rest of the staff at school. Krispy Kream did blue doughnuts!

Don't those look delish? Thank you Krispy Kream! Empire State Building - New York, NY


A picture of the Empire State Building during Light It Up Blue!



So here is what I did to show my support for autism awareness. For the treats for the teachers on Friday I made cupcakes with blue frosting! They turned out so good!


I was in a training all do so I didn't even get to try one to see how they turned out. Monday at school all of the staff is wearing blue! I can't wait to see how everyone looks!!


DSC_0368


I got to use my new cupcake corer.


DSC_0370


I saved Matt all of the cupcake pieces that came out from coring them.


DSC_0371


Filled with blue buttercream icing.


DSC_0372 DSC_0374


Yummy!


Remember to show your support for autism awareness!

No comments:

Post a Comment