Sunday, March 20, 2011

All-In

I think I am a pretty resourceful person. I don't like to go to the store if I don't have to and I make due with what I have.

Have you ever searched for recipes on-line using keywords of stuff you have at your house? I do all the time.

So here is what I did this time.

I had a batch of pre-made Pillsbury sugar cookie dough. This would be the kind that you just slice and then bake. I didn't want to just slice nad bake though. What fun is that?

Did I mention that I was out of flour? That meant that I could use my rolling pin and roll out the dough to use the cookie cutters that I wanted to use.

Here is what I did- I sliced the cookies, then used a small circle and cut out the circle from the cut dough. Then I was able to bake them the amout of time the package called for.

(When I opened the oven I did not like what I saw. The circles weren't perfectly round. So I pulled out the cookies and used the cookie cutter again to cut off the excess dough and then I got the perfect circle!. Matt loves the cookie rings he got to eat.)


DSC_0229



What can you possibly make with little circles? POKER CHIPS!!!!

I had seen poker chips on a website before and I thought they were so much fun. My father-in-law is also an avid poker player. He is in the middle of tax season and not able to go play like he wants so I thought the idea was perfect.


DSC_0230

To make the Royal Icing you need Meringue powder. I follow the directions that come with the box, but I also end up having to add a lot more water. Just remember to add one Tablespoon at a time.

DSC_0234

DSC_0235
I out lined the cookies. Remember the outline needs to be thicker then the icing used to flood the cookie. I'm still working on making it all look clean.

DSC_0238

DSC_0239

DSC_0241
I filled a bag with all of the leftover white thick icing. The small #2 tip was perfect for all of the detail. The bottles I use for flooding and outlining had too big of a tip so I had to switch.

DSC_0243

DSC_0245

DSC_0250
And there it is! You feel like playing some poker now don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment