Thursday, March 17, 2011

Batter Up

I came home from lacrosse practice and I totally had a cookie dough craving. All I wanted was the dough.

That's all I ever want.

The batter is my fav.

So I was looking on some blogs to see if I could find something new and yummy to make, and of course something that I had all of the ingredients for.

Here is what I found... Dropped Cracked Cookies (adapted from All Recipes.com)

Dropped Cracked Cookies:

1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter
3 egg yokes
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup coarse sugar crystals or granulated sugar

And here is how you do it...

Preheat oven to 350.



DSC_0202



Cream together butter and sugar until nice and creamy. Mix 1 egg yoke at a time and then add in vanilla extract. Add all dry ingredients.


DSC_0204

Using a medium cookie scoop, form balls.

DSC_0205

Roll them into sugar crystals.

DSC_0207

Place balls on cookie sheet. Do not flatten. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.

DSC_0210
Eat the left over dough :)

DSC_0228
Enjoy the yummy cookies. They are delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment