Sunday, March 6, 2011

Breakfast Made Easy

Do you love banana bread?
Do you love blueberries?

What about Blueberry Banana Bread? I DO I DO!!!!
I grew up with this and it is one of my favorite comfort foods.

I am going to share with you one of my favorite and easiest recipes that I got from my mom a while back. I normally make it in a loaf pan but muffins are much easier to eat on the go.

So here is my recipe.

Blueberry Banana Bread:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup bananas, mashed
1/2 cup quick oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 and get muffin pans ready
2. Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs
3. Sift together dry ingredients
4. Mix mashed bananas together with creamed mixture
5. Mix in dry ingredients
6. Fold in blueberries and optional pecans
7. If using loaf pan, grease and flour.
8. For loaf bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean for muffins bake for 35-40 minutes.


MMmmmmm. They look good before.




After!!



They are so yummy warm and with a little butter.


Store these in an airtight container and enjoy for breakfast or a quick snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment