Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Treat

The other day I texted my father-in-law to see what dessert he wanted to have for his birthday. I didn't have to wait one minute and he had already told me what he wanted...


I don't even have a name for this dessert. It's just called, "The Orea thing" and I know exactly what people are wanting.


OK so this is sooooo easy and soooooo good. It is one of my favorite if not my all time favorite summer treat.


I don't even make it during the winter months.


I guess it's all because my mom used to make it when we were growing up and it was always a summer thing.


Sunday is the birthday day so we will get to enjoy this.


But I have a secret....


I made Matt and I one as well. So we won't have to share. haha. Sneeky.


You're going to LOVE this recipe below.

DSC_0391


The main ingredients you need are:

Oreos

Cool Whip (soft)

Vanilla Ice cream (soft)

Chocolate Syrup


And any toppings you like.


DSC_0394

Crush Oreos and put on the bottom of the dish. I added a little chocolate syrup on top.


DSC_0398

Then add the soft ice cream ontop of the Oreo crust.


DSC_0399

Then cover with the softened cool whip.


DSC_0401

Top with more crushed Oreos and chocolate syrup


DSC_0402


DSC_0404

See, I made 2. L.O.V.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment